WILL MY ADVERT WORK?
Probably the one question that really matters, and unfortunately one that’s most difficult to give any guarantees on. Although I’ve produced a Lossie magazine for the last 8 years it’s still really difficult to tell why some adverts do well, and others don’t get an obvious response. If you consider the advertising rates reasonable enough just to get your name and services out there and into public awareness then you’ve got nothing to lose, but if you require a guaranteed return to cover the cost of the advert then you’d probably need to think about it more carefully and perhaps err on the side of caution.
What I can promise though is that there will never be any pressure to advertise – I’m happy for businesses to try as a one-off or to dip in and out as suits.
– NO VAT; the price you see is the price you pay.
– Should you decide to place an advert in both magazines there will be a 10% discount on each (excluding advert design).
2018 PROPOSED DEADLINE AND ISSUE DATES*
THE LOSSIE LOCAL (Spring 18: March/April)
Preferred deadline: Friday 2 February
Final deadline: Friday 9 February
Delivery Starts*: Monday 26 February
THE FORRES FOCUS (Spring/Summer 18: May/June/July)
Preferred deadline: Friday 6 April
Final deadline: Friday 13 April
Delivery Starts*: Monday 30 April
THE LOSSIE LOCAL (Summer 18: July/August)
Preferred deadline: Friday 25 May
Final deadline: Friday 1 June
Delivery Starts*: Monday 18 June
THE FORRES FOCUS (Autumn/Winter 18: October/November)
Preferred deadline: Friday 31 August
Final deadline: Friday 2 September
Delivery Starts*: Monday 24 September
* Please note that these dates are provisional and subject to change. I produce the magazine from home around family commitments and whilst I will endeavour to meet the proposed dates should any unforeseen circumstances arise I reserve the right to delay or cancel a magazine. Invoices will therefore be issued following publication and not before – please make every effort to pay within 7 days if possible.
* Once delivery commences, I ask that the community group delivering the magazine aim to complete within 7 – 10 days.
* If possible I will also try to produce a Winter 18 Lossie Local, due out at the end of November, but will review this later on in the year.
All adverts will be invoiced for following publication. Payment should be made by cash, cheque (made payable to ‘Nicola Slater’), or via internet bank transfer (please request details). Payment must be made within 7 days of receiving the invoice. If you are unable to meet this timescale then please arrange for payment in advance.
AD FORMATS & SIZES
Ads can be submitted in the followin formats:
– MS Word, MS Publisher, TIFF, JPEG, PDF, PNG
Ad sizes as follows:
– Full Page: A5 portrait (with an extra 5mm bleed if required)
– Half Page: 14cm x 9.5cm or 7cm x 19cm
– Quarter Page: 7cm x 9.5cm or 14cm x 4.5cm
– Eighth Page: 7cm x 4.5cm
Please note that the colours on your submitted advert or proof may not be reproduced exactly in print. If this is a concern please get in touch to discuss further.
The basic price is for an advert emailed ready to go. If you do not have an electronic copy of your advert please call to discuss the options available. Advert design is available at the prices as per the rate card and simple adverts can be reproduced at no extra cost. There will be no copyright restrictions placed on any ads designed by me, so feel free to use it elsewhere.
SPECIAL OFFER Commit to an advert (any size) for 4 issues (invoiced and paid separately after each issue) to receive FREE advert design.
FURTHER DETAILS ABOUT PRICING
Please note that these advertised prices are what everyone pays – I do not have a policy of offering variable discounts close to publication dates. That way it’s fair for everyone.
FINALLY A DISCLAIMER
Please be aware that I produce the magazine from home fitting it in around my two young children. I will always endeavor to provide a prompt and efficient service, but this may not always be possible. Also, if any unforeseen circumstances occur, I reserve the right to cancel an issue at short notice.