WILL MY ADVERT WORK?
Probably the one question that really matters, and unfortunately one that’s most difficult to give any guarantees on. Although I’ve produced a Lossie magazine for the last 13 years it’s still really difficult to tell why some adverts do well, and others don’t get an obvious response. If you consider the advertising rates reasonable enough just to get your name and services out there and into public awareness then you’ve got nothing to lose, but if you require a guaranteed return to cover the cost of the advert then you’d probably need to think about it more carefully and perhaps err on the side of caution.
What I can promise though is that there will never be any pressure to advertise – I’m happy for businesses to try as a one-off or to dip in and out as suits.
– NO VAT; the price you see is the price you pay.
2021 PROPOSED DEADLINE AND ISSUE DATES
Booking Deadline: Friday 19 February
Artwork Deadline: Friday 26 February
Delivery Starts*: Week beginning Monday 15 March
Booking Deadline: Friday 14 May
Artwork Deadline: Friday 21 May
Delivery Starts*: Week beginning Monday 7 June
Booking Deadline: Friday 17 September
Artwork Deadline: Friday 24 September
Delivery Starts*: Week beginning Monday 11 October
* Please note that these dates are provisional and subject to change. I produce the magazine from home around family commitments and whilst I will endeavour to meet the proposed dates should any unforeseen circumstances arise I reserve the right to delay or cancel a magazine. Invoices will therefore be issued following publication and not before.
* Once delivery commences, I ask that the community group delivering the magazine aim to complete within 7 – 10 days.
All adverts will be invoiced for following publication. Payment should be made by cash, cheque (made payable to ‘Nicola Slater’), or via internet bank transfer (please request details). Payment must be made within 7 days of receiving the invoice. If you are unable to meet this timescale then please arrange for payment in advance.
AD FORMATS & SIZES
Preferred format for ad submission is either a PDF or JPEG.
Ad sizes as follows:
– Full Page: A5 portrait (with an extra 5mm bleed if required)
– Half Page: 14cm wide x 9.5cm tall or 7cm wide x 19cm tall
– Quarter Page: 7cm wide x 9.5cm tall or 14cm wide x 4.5cm tall
– Eighth Page: 7cm wide x 4.5cm tall
Please note that the colours on your submitted advert or proof may not be reproduced exactly in print. If this is a concern please get in touch to discuss further.
The basic price is for an advert emailed ready to go. If you do not have an electronic copy of your advert please call to discuss the options available. Advert design is available at the prices as per the rate card and simple adverts can be reproduced at no extra cost. There will be no copyright restrictions placed on any ads designed by me, so feel free to use it elsewhere.
FURTHER DETAILS ABOUT PRICING
Please note that these advertised prices are what everyone pays – I do not have a policy of offering variable discounts close to publication dates. That way it’s fair for everyone.
FINALLY A DISCLAIMER
Please be mindful that the magazine is produced from home around work and family commitments – I may not always be able to respond promptly to messages. Please give me a nudge if necessary! Thank you.